Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
This morning our driver will greet you, collect your voucher and issue your Kuranda Boarding Pass. We will then transfer you to Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield, where you proceed directly to the boarding line – there is no need to queue as your Skyrail tickets are already on your Boarding Pass.
Once aboard, be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with spectacular lookouts. Or visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village. The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens [at own expense]. Your Kuranda Boarding Pass also offers discounted entry into selected Kuranda attractions.
Kuranda Scenic Rail:
10 minutes before your scheduled departure time, board the train and take your seats – your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass so no need to check in. After boarding the train, your journey winds through hand-hewn tunnels, across bridges and around curves, all the time appreciating what an amazing engineering feat it is.
Upon arrival at Freshwater Station, our coach will be waiting to transfer you to your accommodation. Your Boarding Pass will tell you which coach to look for.
- Dedicated host service.
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs.
- Quality refreshments including sparkling Australian wine, beer, orange juice, soft drink, ice water, mocktails, tea, coffee and appetisers and a chilled refresher towel during the journey.
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage.
- Souvenir trip guide
- Hotel pick-up from 8:15am – 9:00am
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Free time in Kuranda: approx. 3hrs
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Return transfer to Cairns departs 3:30pm
Tour Starts: 8:15am Hotel Pick-up
Tour Finishes: 3:30pm Return transfer to Hotel
Down Under Tours Terms and Conditions – Terms & Conditions
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Children 3 years & under travel free
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars
Skyrail Closure - 8th of May to 4th of June 2017
If travelling between 8th of May and 4th of June 2017 select the alternative tour for the Skyrail closure and coach alternative.Look At Alternative