Kuranda, Scenic Rail & Skyrail
Enjoy the journey from Cairns to Freshwater Train Station on board a luxury coach. Along the way our expert local guides will tell you the stories of Kuranda’s fascinating history before leaving you to explore on your own. To guide you on your journey we provide a written trip guide with your itinerary and boarding passes for the Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. To help our international guests feel comfortable we offer these in English, Deutsch, Français, Español, Italiano, 日本語, and 中国人.
Kuranda Scenic Rail:
On board the famous railway, enjoy the scenic journey to Kuranda, with breathtaking views of the mountain ranges tropical rainforest and across the rocky Barron Gorge and waterfalls. Along the way listen to the stories of the early pioneers who laboured to build the rail line in the 1800’s.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village at your own leisure. The Kuranda Heritage Markets are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, or Kuranda Koala Gardens – make sure to use the coupon on your boarding pass for discounted entry.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
Described as the World’s most beautiful rainforest experience, you’ll be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage Listed Rainforest on the cableway. This iconic rainforest experience includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with lookouts offering spectacular views across the Barron Falls waterfall . Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
Meet your local guide at the cableway’s Smithfield Terminal and relax on your coach transfer back to Cairns.
From Cairns = operates daily
From Northern Beaches or Port Douglas = please refer to KSQ option.
Want to make the very most of your day and travel in style ? The Kuranda Scenic Rail offers a Gold Class service on its 9.50am train, enjoy;
- Dedicated host service.
- Individual seating in lounge-style chairs.
- Quality refreshments including sparkling Australian wine, beer, orange juice, soft drink, ice water, mocktails, tea, coffee and appetisers and a chilled refresher towel during the journey.
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage.
- Souvenir trip guide
Choose option with gold ‘GC’ icon to book Gold Class.
*only available on tour options with 9.50am Train
- Transfer from Cairns to Freshwater Train Station on our luxury coach
- Experienced Local Guide on transfers
- Kuranda Boarding to lead you through the experience
- Kuranda Scenic Rail trip from Freshwater to Kuranda
- Time to explore the village of Kuranda
- Coupons for discounted entry to Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld & Kuranda Koala Gardens
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience from Kuranda to Smithfield
- Transfer from Smithfield to Cairns on our luxury coach
What’s not included
- Meals – use your free time in Kuranda to source lunch from one of the many eateries at your own expense
- Entry to Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld & Kuranda Koala Gardens
- Travel Insurance
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australia Dollars (AUD)
- Family = 2AD + 2CH
- Child Rate 4-14yrs inc.
- Children 3 years & under travel free & must be booked as an infant.
- Cancel up until 3pm the day prior to travel and receive a full refund. See full Terms & Conditions
If you are booking from a North American Time zone, the date you have selected for your tour may show as a day earlier inside the shopping cart – this is an error due to the time zone difference. On completion of booking you will receive an email confirming the date you initially selected for travel.