Half Day Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
Why not enjoy a sleep-in and relaxed breakfast this morning? Our driver will then greet you, collect your voucher and issue your Kuranda Boarding Pass. We will then transfer you to Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield, where you proceed directly to the boarding line – there is no need to queue as your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass.
Once aboard, be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with spectacular lookouts. Or visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village. The Kuranda Markets are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens [at own expense]. Your Kuranda Boarding Pass also offers discounted entry into selected Kuranda attractions.
Kuranda Scenic Rail:
10 minutes before your scheduled departure time, board the train and take your seats – your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass so no need to check in. After boarding the train, your journey winds through hand-hewn tunnels, across bridges and around curves, all the time appreciating what an amazing engineering feat it is.
Upon arrival at Freshwater Station, our coach will be waiting to transfer you back. Your Boarding Pass will tell you which coach to look for.
- From Cairns = operates daily
- From Northern Beaches or Port Douglas = operates Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday
Gold Class Service on the Kuranda Scenic Rail includes
- Dedicated host service.
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs.
- Quality refreshments including sparkling Australian wine, beer, orange juice, soft drink, ice water, mocktails, tea, coffee and appetisers and a chilled refresher towel during the journey.
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage.
- Souvenir trip guide
Choose option with gold ‘GC’ icon to book Gold Class.
- Pick-up Port Douglas, Northern Beaches or Cairns – for transfer to Skyrail Terminal
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 12:00pm
- Free time in Kuranda 2hrs
- Kuranda Markets
- Kuranda Scenic Rail 3:30pm
- Transfer from Freshwater Train Station
If you are booking from a North American Time zone, the date you have selected for your tour may show as a day earlier inside the shopping cart – this is an error due to the time zone difference. On completion of booking you will receive an email confirming the date you initially selected for travel.