Kuranda, Scenic Rail, Rainforestation & Skyrail
Kuranda Scenic Rail:
This morning our driver will greet you, collect your voucher and issue your Kuranda Boarding Pass. We will then transfer you to Freshwater Station. There is no need to queue as your pre-allocated Train tickets are already on your Boarding Pass.
Once aboard, enjoy this historical rail journey to Kuranda, enjoying breathtaking views across the cane fields of Cairns, to the tropical rainforest of Kuranda.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village. The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens [at own expense]. Your Kuranda Boarding Pass also offers discounted entry into selected Kuranda attractions.
At the specified time, your shuttle coach will transfer you to Rainforestation, set in 40 hectares of lush gardens and tropical rainforest, where a number of unique attractions await you. Board the unusual amphibious Army Duck for a different look at the rainforest. Also included in your tour is the Koala & Wildlife Park. The shuttle bus will then take you back to Kuranda.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
At the scheduled time, make your way directly to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway boarding line – there is no need to queue as your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass. Enjoy your 7.5km journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations. Explore rainforest boardwalks and lookouts and the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
After arriving at the Smithfield Skyrail terminal, make yourself known to our Hostess and they will direct you to your coach for the transfer to your accommodation.
- Dedicated host service.
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs.
- Quality refreshments including sparkling Australian wine, beer, orange juice, soft drink, ice water, mocktails, tea, coffee and appetisers and a chilled refresher towel during the journey.
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage.
- Souvenir trip guide
Choose option with gold ‘GC’ icon to book Gold Class.
- Hotel Pick-up: 7:00am Cairns – 8:00am Cairns Beaches
- Kuranda Scenic Rail 8:50pm
- Free time in Kuranda – 1.5hrs
- Rainforestation 1:15pm
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 3:30pm
- Return Transfers: 4:50pm Cairns – 5:20pm Cairns Beaches
Tour Starts: 7:00am – 8:00am Hotel Pick-up
Tour Finishes: 4:50pm Cairns – 5:20pm Cairns Beaches Return Transfers
Note: Customers booking in North America, please note that you may see the incorrect date once you add a tour to your cart. i.e. if you chose 24th, this may appear as the 23rd in your cart as you complete you booking. This is just a visual error due to the time difference- please continue with the booking and when complete, your confirmation email will have the correct date that you originally chose. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Children 3 years & under travel Free
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars