Kuranda, Self Drive, Scenic Rail & Skyrail
Kuranda Scenic Rail
Park your car at Skyrail, then you will be transferred to Freshwater Station for check-in. Board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda, including breathtaking views enroute.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, the village in the rainforest, free time is allowed to explore the many attractions including the Heritage Markets, which operate daily. Other attractions are Birdworld, Kuranda Koala Gardens and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary [AT OWN EXPENSE].
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for your journey to Smithfield. Once aboard, be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with spectacular lookouts. Or visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
Optional Upgrade to Gold Class service on the Kuranda Scenic Rail
Gold Class Service on the Kuranda Scenic Rail includes
- Dedicated host service.
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs.
- Quality refreshments including sparkling Australian wine, beer, orange juice, soft drink, ice water, mocktails, tea, coffee and appetisers and a chilled refresher towel during the journey.
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage.
- Souvenir trip guide
Choose option with gold ‘GC’ icon to book Gold Class.
*only available on tour options with 3.30pm Train
- Free parking at Skyrail Smithfield Terminal
- Check in with hostess at Skyrail Smithfield
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Free time to explore the rainforest village of Kuranda
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Coach Transfer from Freshwater Train Station back to Skyrail Car Park
Tour Starts: Smithfield Skyrail Terminal
Tour Finishes: Smithfield Skyrail Terminal
Note: Customers booking in North America, please note that you may see the incorrect date once you add a tour to your cart. i.e. if you chose 24th, this may appear as the 23rd in your cart as you complete you booking. This is just a visual error due to the time difference- please continue with the booking and when complete, your confirmation email will have the correct date that you originally chose. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Children 3 years & under travel free
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars