Kuranda, Self Drive, Scenic Rail & Skyrail
Kuranda Scenic Rail
Park your car at Skyrail, then you will be transferred to Freshwater Station for check-in. Board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda, including breathtaking views enroute.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, the village in the rainforest, free time is allowed to explore the many attractions including the Heritage Markets, which operate daily. Other attractions are Birdworld, Kuranda Koala Gardens and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary [AT OWN EXPENSE].
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for your journey to Smithfield. Once aboard, be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with spectacular lookouts. Or visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
- Self drive to the Smithfield Skyrail Terminal and be greeted by our Hostess 10:30am
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 10:45am
- Arrive in Kuranda – You have 2.5hrs approx free time to explore the quaint village
- Kuranda Scenic Rail – 2:00pm or 3:30pm return departures
Tour Starts: 10:30am Smithfield Skyrail Terminal
Tour Finishes: 1:30pm or 3:30pm Kuranda Scenic Rail Returns
Down Under Tours Terms and Conditions – Terms & Conditions
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Children 3 years & under travel free
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars