Kuranda, Scenic Rail & Coach
Self Drive or Transfer Options Available.
Visit Kuranda, the Village in the Rainforest; one of the must-do destinations in Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef region!
Kuranda Scenic Rail:
Experience the historic Kuranda Scenic Rail journey through ancient tropical rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. The journey rises from sea level to 328m as you traverse the rainforest mountain, passing waterfalls, and travelling across bridges and through tunnels on this railway constructed by hand between 1886 to 1891. A short stop at Barron Falls Lookout along the way allows to you disembark and take in the spectacular views of Barron Falls and the valley.
Your pre-allocated tickets are on your Kuranda Boarding Pass issued by our driver at the beginning of your day will allow you to board and take your seat at the designated time without queuing.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village. The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens [at own expense]. Your Kuranda Boarding Pass also offers discounted entry into selected Kuranda attractions, as well a map to find your way around.
Luxury Coach Transfer
Meet our friendly driver and board the Coach to traverse the Kuranda Range; magnificent views await as you pass Henry Ross Lookout.
You can choose to book this tour with Hotel Transfers from/to Cairns City, or if you have your own car, select our Self Drive option and park at Freshwater Train Station.
You can also choose whether you would like to take the Scenic Rail up to Kuranda and Coach back, or Coach up to Kuranda and Scenic Rail back.
Operates: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday – July, August & September 2020.
All Tour Options Include:
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Free time in Kuranda
- Luxury Coach Transfer
Options including Transfers from Cairns will receive a pickup and drop-off service from selected Cairns City Hotels.
Self Drive to Freshwater Station options will have passengers park at Freshwater Station and meet our representative to receive their Kuranda Boarding Pass, as well as a coach transfer to return to their parked car at the end of the day.
This Tour Operates: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.
Includes Transfers from Cairns:
- Coach 10:00am, Train 2:00pm – Pickups start from 10am, in Kuranda from 11:30am to 2:00pm, return to Hotel approx 4:15pm
- Train 8:50am, Coach 12:30pm – Pickups start from 7am, in Kuranda from 10:30am to 12:30pm, return to hotel approx 2pm
Self Drive to Freshwater Station:
- Coach 10:45am, Train 2:00pm – Arrive at Freshwater Station by 10:30am, in Kuranda from 11:30am to 2:00pm, return to Freshwater Station approx 3:30pm
- Train 8:50am, Coach 12:30pm – Arrive at Freshwater Station by 8:30am, in Kuranda from 10:30am to 2:00pm, return to Freshwater Station approx 1:15pm
- This tour is currently available for July, August & September 2020 due to Skyrail Rainforest Cableway closure.
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australia Dollars (AUD)
- Family = 2AD + 2CH
- Child Rate 4-14yrs inc.
- Children 3 years & under travel Free
- Transfers only available from Cairns City – NOT available from Northern Beaches or Port Douglas.
- Kuranda Boarding Pass only available in English.