Arrive at Cooya (Kuyu Kuyu) Beach for your Coast & Cultural Walk with a Kubirri Warra clan member. Cooya Beach is the traditional fishing grounds of the Kuku Yalanji people. Your guide will take you on a journey across Cooya Beach, demonstrating and teaching traditional fishing and gathering techniques like catch crab before enjoying damper and the group’s catch of the day.
Next stop is Mossman Gorge Centre for a delicious lunch at the Mayi Cafe bordering the World Heritage rainforest.
Mossman Gorge Ngadiku Walk
Take the shuttle bus into lush Mossman Gorge where you will be welcomed with a traditional smoking ceremony. An experienced indigenous guide will take you through the lush rainforest of Mossman Gorge are share Dreamtime stories, how the Kuku Yalanji lived in this environment and much more. Demonstrating traditional plant use, identifying bush food and traditions like making soaps & ochre paint; your experienced Indigenous guide will give you an intimate insight into the Kuku Yalanji people’s special relationship with this land.
After the conclusion of the Indigenous guided walk, your driver-guide will transfer you back to your accommodation.
This tour is operated by Adventure North Australia. This tour may operate in reverse due to tide times at Cooya Beach.
- Hotel pick-up from 7.30am ex Cairns
- Hotel pick-up from 9.00am ex Port Douglas
- Experienced guiding and commentary
- Coast & Cultural Walk with Kubirri Warra clan member (2hr)
- Damper & Catch of the Day
- Lunch at Mayi Cafe
- Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk at Mossman Gorge (1.5hr)
- Return to Port Douglas approx. 4:45pm
- Return to Cairns approx. 5:45pm
Note: This tour may operate in reverse due to tides at Cooya Beach.
Tour Starts: approx. 7:30am Cairns pick-ups
Tour Finishes: approx. 5:30pm Return Transfers
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothes & walking shoes (not long pants)
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Umbrella/raincoat (in wet weather)
- Departs Daily
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Not suitable for children under 4 years
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars