Kuranda, Scenic Rail, Skyrail & Tjapukai
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park:
This morning our driver will greet you, collect your voucher and issue your Kuranda Boarding Pass. We will then transfer you to the newly revitalised Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park to experience the new Circle of Life and Bundarra Cassowary Egg Theatres. There is free time to explore the park and its many shows and demonstrations.
Experience traditional Aboriginal and Torres Straight Island dance shows in the Cultural Dance Theatre and see first-hand the distinct differences between the two cultures. Demonstrations include bush food & medicine, hunting & weapons, interactive didgeridoo show and Boomerang and spear throwing.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
A short walk from Tjapukai is the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Make your way directly to the boarding line for your express check-in – there is no need to queue as your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass. Once aboard, be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with spectacular lookouts. Or visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, you have free time to do your own exploring – why not take advantage of the exclusive discounts on your Kuranda Boarding Pass! The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts.
Kuranda Scenic Rail:
10 minutes before your scheduled departure time, board the train and take your seats – your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass so no need to check in. After boarding the train, your journey winds through hand-hewn tunnels, across bridges and around curves, all the time appreciating what an amazing engineering feat it is.
Upon arrival at Freshwater Station, our coach will be waiting to transfer you to your accommodation. Your Boarding Pass will tell you which coach to look for.
- Dedicated host service.
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs.
- Quality refreshments including sparkling Australian wine, beer, orange juice, soft drink, ice water, mocktails, tea, coffee and appetisers and a chilled refresher towel during the journey.
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage.
- Souvenir trip guide
- Hotel Pick-up 8:10am – 9:00am
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park 9:20am
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 12:00pm
- Kuranda Village – Explore for 2hr approx
- Kuranda Scenic Rail 3:30pm
- Return Hotel Transfers 5:00pm Cairns, Beaches & Port Douglas
Tour Starts: 8:10am- 9:00am Hotel Pick-up
Tour Finishes: 5:00pm Cairns, Beaches & Port Douglas Return Transfers
Down Under Tours Terms and Conditions – Terms & Conditions
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Children 3 years & under travel free
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars