Cooktown 4WD Discovery
Start the day along the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive from Cairns, travelling between the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest. Cross the Daintree River via cable ferry before we make our way to renowned Cape Tribulation beach for morning tea. Cape Tribulation was named by Captain Cook as ‘here our troubles began’ as their ship was damaged on the reef here.
Continue our journey north through the ancient Daintree Rainforest, we hit the 4WD-only Bloomfield track and navigate creek crossings and steep mountain ranges as your experienced driver-guide shares stories and history of this unique region.
Enjoy a stop for lunch at the famous Lions Den Hotel; one of Queensland’s oldest and most iconic pubs, built in 1878- this is a true Aussie experience!
Arrive in historic Cooktown in the early afternoon; where Captain Cook landed in 1770 and stayed for 7 weeks to repair their ship. First stop is Grassy Hill Lookout which offers panoramic views of Cooktown, the Coral Sea & Endeavour River- you will need your camera here! We make our way into town for a driver-guided tour of the historic foreshore walk, where you guide will enlighten you on the history and scenery of this frontier town.
Enjoy some free time to explore before your transfer to Cooktown Airport for your 5:45pm scenic flight back to Cairns. Arrives at Cairns General Aviation Airport at 6:30pm.
– Cairns passengers make your own way home from here (Uber/Taxi, own expense)
– Northern Beaches & Port Douglas passengers can receive a transfer back to their accommodation.
Note: Tour subject to weather conditions. Alternative to Bloomfield Track may be taken with no refund. All bookings are subject to flight availability.
Tour is operated by our partners at Adventure North Australia.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced Driver-guide
- Hotel Pickup
- Daintree River Ferry Crossing
- UNESO World Heritage Daintree Rainforest
- Morning Tea at Cape Tribulation
- Lunch at the Lions Den Hotel
- 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Grassy Hill Lookout
- Guided Historic Foreshore Walk
- Commerical flight from Cooktown to Cairns
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Bottle of Water
Rates are GST inclusive, prices shown are 1AD and in Australia Dollars (AUD)
Child Rate 4-14yrs inc. We do not recommend this tour for children under 7 years due to the length of the day.
Subject to Cancellation Policy & Terms and Conditions of Operator: Adventure North Australia
– Cancellation Policy: No Charge until 7 days prior to travel. 50% cancellation fee charged for cancellations between 2-7 days from travel. 100% cancellation fee charged for cancellations within 48 hours of travel.
Tour Departs: Monday & Thursday
Operates: May to November
Departs Cairns: 6:15am
Departs Port Douglas: 7:30am
Prices for 2020 from:
Adult: $540 per person
Child (7-14yr): $488 per person
From Northern Beaches:
Adult: $566 per person
Child (7-14yr): $514 per person
From Port Douglas:
Adult: $587 per person
Child (7-14yr): $535 per person