Dreamtime Gorge Walk
After arriving at Mossman Gorge, you will be treated to a guided rainforest walk along private, easy graded tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over cool rainforest streams. Your experienced interpretive Indigenous guides demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush tucker sources, share their dreamtime legends, explain the history of cave paintings and provide an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationships within this unique tropical environment. After your 1.5hr walk, enjoy tea, damper and question time with guide.
Your driver/guide will point out the highlights of Australia’s most northern sugar town.
The Daintree Tea House is our lunch venue today where you can enjoy a special barramundi lunch (alternate options available). A tropical fruit demonstration and tasting is also included.
Daintree River Cruise
Enjoy a fascinating hour cruising through this wildlife environment, which is home to birds, tree snakes, unique plants and the estuarine crocodile – a great photo opportunity. Enjoy afternoon tea after your cruise.
Enjoy a short tour of the historical town of Port Douglas. We then continue back to Cairns.
- Hotel pick-up from 7.00am ex Cairns
- Hotel pick-up from 8.00am ex Port Douglas
- Professional driver/guide
- Kuku Yalanji Dreamtime Walk at Mossman Gorge including:
- 1.5hr guided walk (600m) on easy graded tracks
- Tea & damper
- Lunch at Daintree Tea House
- Daintree River Cruise with afternoon tea
- Short tour of Port Douglas
- Return to Port Douglas approx. 4pm
- Return to Cairns approx. 5.30pm
Tour Starts: 7:00am Cairns pick-ups
Tour Finishes: 5:30pm Return Transfers
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothes & walking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Umbrella (in rainy weather)
- Departs Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Not suitable for children under 4 years due to the length of the day
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars