The Tropical Traveller
Day 1: Sunday
Upon arrival in Cairns, make your own way to the Mantra Trilogy Cairns. Tonight you will enjoy a short tour briefing and 15 minute orientation of Cairns city. Dinner today is at your own leisure (own expense). Mantra Trilogy is located on the Cairns Esplanade on the door step of some of Cairns’ best restaurants and cafes.
Day 2: Monday (BL)
Today you head to Mossman Gorge for a unique experience – the Kuku Yalanji Dreamtime Walk. Your interpretive indigenous guide will take you on an easy 600m walk along a private track within the gorge. You will learn about the culture, visit significant sites and enjoy morning tea and question time with your guide. From here you will head to Silky Oaks for lunch. It’s then on to Port Douglas, the sleepy fishing town turned tourist mecca, before returning to the resort
Day 3: Tuesday (BL)
You will be transferred to the Reef Fleet terminal for your Outer Great Barrier Reef adventure. Includes morning tea, snorkeling equipment, full buffet lunch and semisubmersible submarine tour.
Day 4: Wednesday (B)
A free day to discover Cairns, maybe visiting The Lagoon, an Art Gallery, The Botanical Gardens, St Monica’s Cathedral or some shopping. Lunch and dinner today is at your leisure (own expense).
Day 5: Thursday (B)
Half day tour to Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – the best place to see crocodiles in Tropical North Queensland. Your tour includes entry to Hartley’s and all of its shows including the Wetlands Cruise, Crocodile Attack Show and Snake Show. Lunch and dinner today is at your leisure (own expense).
Day 6: Friday (B)
Enjoy the rainforest sights and sounds as you experience the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway on your journey to Kuranda. Time then to explore the village and have a scrumptious lunch before you board the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway for your return to Freshwater Station and transfer to the resort.
Day 7: Saturday (B)
It’s time to say farewell to Cairns after breakfast at your leisure. Make your own way to the airport / railway station for your onward journey.
- 6 nights accommodation at the Mantra Trilogy Cairns
- 3 full day tours
- Outer Great Barrier Reef Adventure (Inc Lunch)
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway & Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Mossman Gorge Dreamtime Walk (Inc Lunch)
- 1 half day tour
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures
- 1 day at leisure
- 2 lunches
- Daily Breakfast
Includes 6 night’s accommodation at the Mantra Trilogy Cairns, 3 full day tours, 1 half day tour, 1 leisure day and 2 lunches.
Down Under Tours Terms and Conditions – Terms & Conditions
- Multiple Package Options: Price shown is twin room quad share. Other options available – inquire at time of booking.
- Payment/ Deposit Details: Payments can be made via direct deposit into our bank account, credit card or cheque. Full details will be provided to you at time of reservation. Some tours may require a deposit within 7 days of booking confirmation. Full details will be provided to you at time of reservation.