Down Under Tours proudly upholds an unsurpassed reputation for excellence in catering to the wide and varying charter requirements of our valued clients and customers. Our comprehensive bus hire services operate throughout Tropical North Queensland, Cape Tribulation, the Tablelands, outback mining towns, and along the East Coast. In Central Australia and the Northern Territory, we offer complete charter services for groups exploring the many attractions of the Region.
Down Under Tours sets itself apart from our competitors with superior vehicles and exceptional customer and client service. Our fleet of 56 modern, luxury vehicles ranges from 20-seat Toyota Coasters to 53-seat touring coaches and even a specialised wheelchair-equipped vehicle. Boasting one of the highest quality, modern, and diverse fleets in Australia, Down Under Tours is sure to have a vehicle to suit your every charter need.
We continue to set the benchmark for first class customer service. Believing ourselves to be the purveyors of holidaymaker's dreams, we prefer to "go the extra yard" to deliver incomparable levels of customer care and client service. Our people are acclaimed as experts in itinerary planning and coordination of the ultimate tourism experience for groups and charters, including tour bookings, guides and accommodation.
Down Under Tours offers one of the most modern fleets in Australia.
To ensure maximum safety and efficiency of our fleet, Down Under Tours has installed MT Data, Australia’s most advanced GPS Tracking System.
The MT Data system is fitted to more than 50 vehicles in both our Cairns & Alice Springs operations, and features of the system include:
- The ability to track vehicles real-time
- Accurate tracking of distances travelled on each job
- Accurate fuel consumption of each vehicle
- Benchmark calibrations set for ‘comfortable ride’ and fuel efficiency
- Specific reporting of:
- Hard Driving (braking, accelerating, cornering) as G-force sensors are fitted to all vehicles
- Excessive idling
- Immediate alert for accidents
- Each driver has a weekly scorecard
- In addition to the Green efficiencies provided, we are also given:
- Passenger satisfaction (time and comfort)
- Driver education
- Driver productivity
- Cost reductions